Tuesday 22 May 2012

Skirt With Yolk

The skirt with a yolk is defiantly the most challenging skirt I've had to manufacture yet. The reason it was so challenging was because i had to add
  • Yoke
  • Box pleat
  • Kick pleat
  • Concealed zip
It come with great difficulty to manufacture this skirt not only is there more pattern pieces but more maths to go along with it !!! Maths certainly isn't my strongest point. Here is how I manufactured the skirt with a yoke:
  • I drew around my skirt blocks adding a box pleat.
  • I added flare by extending my hem and drawing a line from my new hem to the hip line.
  • I traced the yoke and closed the darts then re-traced the new yoke and added a 1.5cm seam allowance.
  • To create my front skirt piece I traced of my first draft and measured the box pleat 4cm and timed it by 3.
  • I taped it to the edge of my pattern piece and folded equally and created notches. I added a 1.5cm seam allowance and cut it out.
  • To create the kick pleat I got the back piece of my skirt and traced the first draft to create the kick pleat I drew a 20cm line and marked of CB adding a 5cm along the bottom.
  • I then added a 1.5cm seam allowance and cut it out.
  • I then placed all my pattern pieces onto my material and cut them all out and manufactured the skirt.
Pictures to be uploaded soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.