Thursday 3 May 2012

Banksy Umbrella Girl ReCreation

Task 4 was the final shoot in which I had to recreate another artist's work. We had to take inspiration from our contextual studies book and pick an artist who we had already researched into and liked their work. I chose Banksy and his image 'Umbrella girl'. I chose 'Umbrella girl' as I thought it would be really good and challenging to recreate and I was right because the image wasn't of an actual real life person and it was a painting of a young girl. This meant that I couldn’t create some of the features with a real life model. Also I couldn’t find a young girl to model for me so I had to use my friend Jessica. I overcame the problems I was faced with and did the rest of the preparation and planning and when it came to the day of the shoot I was ready. I enjoyed doing this shoot it was my favourite one of them all mainly because I love Banksy's work. I had problems with trying to get my image printed in A3 as the photographer who helped me with my shoot was unable to email me the file on time. I think the target audience for this would be male and females aged 18+ years on the high street. I was very pleased with my final recreation image and it turned out better than I would have imagined it to.
Here is my final recreation of Umbrella Girl- Banksy.
This is the original Banksy- Umbrella Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.