Thursday 3 May 2012

Fashion Stylist

I was given a number of tasks to complete. My first task was to research into a number of stylists and their work and analyse the messages and stories behind each story. I was also asked to work out who was their target market. The stylists I looked into were called:
·         Grace Coddington
·         Katie Grand
·         Katie Shillingford
·         Robbie Spencer
·         Camille Bidault Waddington
This task came with great difficulty as I found it hard to look at other people's work and find out what the meaning is behind it and the write about it. I overcame this problem with a list of questions to ask myself. The questions I asked were:
  • What does the lighting convey?
  • What do the colours convey?
  • What props are used?
  • What do the  model's poses convey?
  • What do the model's facial expressions convey?
  • What is the target audience?
  • What does the model's age convey?
 I was really inspired by some the stories I researched into. I thought Grace Coddington as a stylist is very inspirational. Before we started task 1 we watched a documentary called the September issue, which showed us the life of a stylist and the process they go through before they create their shoots. Grace Coddington was the stylist in the film and I think her style of work is incredible. I have learnt how much hard work goes into being a stylist as before I didn’t really understand the job role. From learning about what a fashion stylist does and watching the September issue it has changed my opinion on what job role i would like to do in the fashion industry, as I am now considering going into styling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.