Wednesday 1 May 2013

Patterning and Manufacturing Toile Four


  • Step 1: I used the dress patterns which I created for toile 2.

  • Step 2: I traced around the dress patterns from toile 2 and added the darts and markings and a 1cm seam allowance.

  • Step 3: I then measured from my waist to just below my knee which measured 69cm and shortened my dress pattern to that length.


  • Step 4: I then made changes to the back of the dress. I made it so that it was v-neck at the back that started from the shoulders and carried on down to the waist line.

  • Step 5: I slashed and spread under the arm hole, moved the paper over 1cm and taped it down . I taped it down so that it was more fitted and didn't have too much excess room.

  • Step 6: I then cut out my pattern pieces. I cut out the front and back, and I cut out the waist so that the bodice and skirt of the dress were separate in order to attach my peplum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.