Wednesday 1 May 2013

Patterning and Manufacturing A Peplum For Toile Four.


  • Step 1: I traced from the waist and the hip on the front and back dress patterns, including the darts.

  • Step 2: I then cut right up to the end of the dart, leaving a small area attached, and then cut one side of the dart. I then took the dart out on both pattern pieces.

  • Step 3: I then drew on 4 lines leaving roughly a 4cm gap in each one (not exact measurements). I cut up the lines, leaving a small area so that it was attached together still and repeated this process on the back pattern.

  • Step 4: I then spread the pattern out evenly and made sure either side fit into a right angle. I then taped the pattern down and traced around it.

  • Step 5: I then added a 1cm seam allowance to the new pattern and added all the correct markings.

  • Step 6: I then had my patterns for my peplum complete and didn't need to add any adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.