Tuesday 16 April 2013

Toile Diary Dress Two



  • Step One: I retraced the dress pattern which I had created for toile one.

  • Step Two: I then took in the shoulder strap 1 cm and made the neckline on the front and back panels straighter so I took them down about 2 mm.

  • Step Three: I then cut out the pattern for my new toile and pinned them down to calico but before I cut out the pattern pieces in fabric, I realised the shoulder pieces didn't match the back panels of my dress and so I added a piece of paper. This added just under half a cm to the shoulder attachment so it fitted properly.

  • Step Four: I then cut out the pattern pieces in calico and made sure I cut out a 1 cm seam allowance, adding notches so I could match them up ready for manufacturing.

  • Step Five: I then added darts to my toile before I went ahead with completing the rest of my toile.

  • Step Six: After I added darts into my toile, I attached the front panels to the back panels using a 1 cm seam allowance and basic stitch.

  • Step Seven: I only sewed half way up the back panels of the dress when as I was attaching the back panels together due to the fact I was adding a concealed zip.

  • Step Eight: I then added the concealed zip using a concealed zipper foot. However, the zip wasn't put in properly as I had attached it the wrong way around and so I then unpicked the zip and attached the zip in the correct way.

 I found toile two very simple to pattern and make the changes to. The manufacturing process was straightforward also but I had problems with attaching the zip. I am pleased with the outcome of toile two and there is not many changes to be made other than it needing to be taken in a few cm around the waist and bust area.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.