Thursday 18 April 2013

Painting My Print On To Calico

 I drew my design onto two pieces of calico but only faintly, so that the pencil lines weren't obvious. I then used a small fine paint brush and fabric paint and applied it to the faint print that I had drawn out on the calico. I have found that painting the print onto the fabric is extremely time consuming and it takes a lot of attention to detail. However, it does look professional and creates the right kind of mood and feel for the concept I am trying to convey. I also embroidered areas of the print which I had painted on using a chain stitch. The chain stitch makes areas of the print more prominent and it creates a more effective look. These are the methods in which I will be applying my print to the fabric.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.