Thursday 28 March 2013

Unit 120 Sampling Curves, Points, Seams and Zips



The pointy seams were easy to manufacture. They were very straightforward as long as I kept them tight and used my notches which I had made the whole way around.


Sample of curved seams: These were easy as the seams were smooth. I cut notches to help the fabric curve and it was really easy to control.

The bias binding sample was difficult to sew as I have not really done it before. The satin bias was quite slippy. 


Sample of a jean seam: This was simple to sew as it was really straightforward and I had no problem with it.


This is a sample of bias binding on a curved seam. I found it difficult to sew because it was hard trying to keep the fabric and the binding straight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.