Wednesday 27 March 2013

Trouser Unit 120


Step 1: I traced around a basic trouser block.

Step 2: I then measured the length and width of my leg and took in the measurements of the basic trouser block.

Step 3: I then got my tutor to look and check I had made the correct measurements. When I knew the measurements were correct, I went ahead and cut the pattern pieces out.

Step 4: I then made sure I had added a 1cm seam allowance to all pattern pieces.

Step 5: I placed the pattern pieces onto the calico, pinned them and cut them out.

Step 6: I then began to manufacture the trousers. I started by sewing the front and back legs together. I then sewed the crotch and in the inside legs front and back together making sure I was sticking to my 1cm seam allowance and using a basic stitch.

Step 7: I then sewed half way up the back of the trousers but I didn't sew them completely because I added a concealed zip using a concealed zipper foot and basic stitch.

Step 8: I tried the trousers on but they didn't fit how I wanted them to so I took them in by 2cm on both sides using the overlocker machine. This was so they were a tighter, more flattering fit on my leg.

Step 9: I created a wing shape and traced it out so I had two but I made one slightly smaller. I then added six or so darts to each one so that when it was to be manufactured it would have enough structure to create the effect of wings which is what I wanted.

Step 10: I cut the wing patterns out but I cut them out twice so I had a front and back. I also cut x2 interfacing.

Step 11: I then ironed on the interfacing to the front pattern pieces and sewed in the darts. I then stitched on the back pieces but I used the ruffling effect so that it would fit to the front and it would help create the structure. I then attached them to the waist on my trousers.

Step 12: I finished the wings off with a retaining row on the trousers so it looked professionally presented and hemmed the trousers by 1cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.