Tuesday 20 November 2012

Golden Ratio

So over the past few weeks I have been learning about the golden ratio and how you use it, as part of my college brief. I couldn't really get my head around the mathematics and how they are used within the golden ratio.

To me the golden ratio means maths and numbers. The golden ratio helps proportion when drawing, i.e. the Moan Lisa was drawn using golden ratio. If things are in proportion and fit into the golden ratio then it's thought to be more pleasing to the eye even the human figure. Before I had received this brief I had never heard of the golden ratio but as I learnt more about it I thought it was interesting but also quite confusing. I think with a little more understanding of the golden ratio I will try and use it in some of my own work to see if it could help me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for the comments, I will be sure to comment back.